There is a world-wide fear of the Corona Virus outbreak from the start of December 2019 in China. The city of Wuhan which lies desolate and empty after the deadly fear of the spread of coronavirus was once beautiful and dynamic with many universities, industries, and business blocks flooding the city’s streets! That is not all, this contamination eventually made its way towards America, Italy, Iran, Japan, South Korea, and even India. It’s another era of turbulence and recession as the stock market has been greatly affected by the virus alongside many Global events related to different marketing, sports, technology, and cultural events that have been canceled worldwide.
As we know that these events are the rolling stones that count the successful growth of the industries worldwide; be it technical, administrative, sports, medicine, etc. But unfortunately, people are in a state of sheer panic of getting contaminated by this Fatal Covid-19.
- Informa– Informa is a British Multinational Publishing company that organizes dynamic business events worldwide. Informa produces more than 500 International events and brands each year like Arab Health, World of Concrete, Farm Progress Show, etc. This year however INFORMA has canceled more than 130 events whose worths are as high as £400m in revenue because of the coronavirus outbreak. Informa suffered a loss and has planned on rescheduling at least 45 events worth after £350m in budgeted revenue. To add more grief to the company’s loss the insurance company does not promise to provide complete recovery. Stephen Carter the CEO of Informa, states that the universities and other education institutes that had made prior bookings for events had to cancel their reservations and accommodations.
- Facebook F8- Facebook cancels the F8 conference due to the health concerns of the developers. It is an annual developer conference that takes place on the 5th of May 2020, but the rescheduling of the conference has been planned. The director of Facebook’s events Konstantinos Papamiltiadis stated that “we need to prioritize the health and safety of our developer partners, employees and everyone who helps put F8 on.” It was however tried that the Event should go through but the catastrophe has been tough and inclusive events such as this cannot take place without theF8 international developers.
- Google I/O – The 2020 release of Google I/O, a yearly meeting of developers initially booked for May 12-14 at Google’s Mountainview home office, was abolished by the organization. This news was affirmed on Tuesday. Individuals who have just bought tickets for the gathering will get a full discount by March 13 and need not re-register to purchase a ticket for I/O 2021. Recently the Google Developers meetings faced a quick rundown of tech occasions that have been called off as a result of the coronavirus, which has executed in surplus at least, 3,100 individuals around the globe.
- GDC The yearly Game Developers Conference, an expert social event of near 30,000 industry experts, was abruptly dropped on Friday evening, two weeks before the 2020 version was to take place because of fear of a coronavirus. Various top gaming organizations, including Microsoft, Sony Interactive Entertainment and Electronic Arts, had just pulled out of the current year’s gathering in San Francisco. The developers had to state this after close discussion with the accomplices in the game advancement industry had to make the troublesome choice of canceling the Game Developers Conference this March.
- WWDC– The Apple Worldwide Developers Conference is a conference annually held by Apple Inc. in San Jose, California. Apple uses the event to showcase its new software and technologies for software developers. “The current health situation has required that we create a new WWDC 2020 format,” Apple said in a statement. Apple said it “will host its annual Worldwide Developers Conference in June…[in] an entirely new online format”.
- Build– Microsoft Build is an annual conference event held by Microsoft, aimed at software engineers and web developers using Windows, Microsoft Azure and other Microsoft In the light of the current global health concern due to COVID-19 and related actions taken by US Govt. the annual conference will be held digitally and the in-person event is suspended.
- E3– The Electronic Entertainment Expo, commonly referred to as E3, is a premier trade event for the video game industry. E3, 2020 is cancelled for now.
- SXSW- is a Music Festival which hosts performances from legendary artists and showcases musical talents. People from all around the world gather to watch the event but it has now been cancelled due to Global Health concern due to COVID-19.
- Adobe Summit 2020 has been cancelled for in person but has changed the format to virtual event where people will just have to register for the event in the light of the coronavirus event on Tuesday 31st March at 9:00 pm to 11:00 pm.
- MWC Barcelona is an annual trade show organized by GSMA, dedicated primarily to the mobile communications industry. The event, cancelled for 2020 due to the Coronavirus outbreak, had been held in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain at the Fira de Barcelona Gran Via, usually in February or early-March.
- IBM Think 2020 and the associated PartnerWorld conference are now online only. IBM canceled the face to face events amid coronavirus outbreak concerns. The face to face event was scheduled for May 4-7 in San Francisco.
For brands that have invested such a lot of energy and money for building fame and trust, it’s a feeling of utter destruction.